Glou Glou – Champagne Volume 01
Glou Glou is french for glug glug. An irreverent, word-of-mouth travel guide to wine which focuses on natural wine culture and the stories of winemakers.
Travel through the organic revolution in Champagne, as told by its pioneers.
“It’s too expensive.”
“Too much paperwork.”
“It’s not really that pure. Organic growers pollute too.”
Industrial agriculture would have us believe that organic certification is meaningless. These are some of the talking points they have fed us.
Because in Champagne, France’s first and most storied AOC, industrial agriculture can’t afford the risk that people think otherwise — that we wake up and ask what’s actually in our glass.
It would seem they're winning. Only 3% of grapes in Champagne are grown organically. Less than half a percent are grown biodynamically.
Yet there's a resistance brewing. In GLOU GLOU CHAMPAGNE Vol. 1, twelve pioneers of organic viticulture will lead you through their fight to reclaim champagne as a wine of terroir.
They're a spunky lot who will disarm you with their defiance in the face of staggering odds.
Pick up a copy and join the revolution.
- Pascal Doquet of Champagne Pascal Doquet
- Valerie Frison of Champagne Val’Frison
- Bertrand Gautherot of Champagne Vouette et Sorbée
- Lucie Cheurlin of Champagne L&S Cheurlin
- Olivier Horiot of Champagne Olivier Horiot
- Jean-Sébastien Fleury of Champagne Fleury
- The Lelarge Family of Champagne Lelarge-Pugeot
- Cyril Bonnet of Champagne Bonnet-Ponson
- Jérôme Lefèvre of Champagne Éliane Delalot
- Jérôme Bourgeois of Champagne Bourgeois-Diaz
- Laurent Bénard of Champagne Laurent Bénard
- Vincent Laval of Champagne Georges Laval