Eatable – Volume 07: Coastal
Australia’s premium destination for recipes, cooking tips and drinking advice from Australia’s best chefs, sommeliers and renowned food director Lisa Featherby.
IMPORTANT: Comes with damages at the corner (we can send photos).
Those of us who are lucky enough to spend time on the coast over summer do so with optimism – swimming in a vast salty ocean, eating the freshest seafood and cooking outdoors as much as possible. In this issue, you’ll find a table set with seafood for entertaining and a veritable rainbow of seasonal stone fruit recipes, including a show-stopping no-bake crème fraiche cheesecake topped with plums and cherries.
e dip our toes into Maurice Terzini’s new trattoria in Byron Bay and chef Peter Gilmore shares his tips for cooking with water. We explore thoroughly modern mezcal and tequila cocktails by Reece Griffiths and Emma Crisp, and explain why now is the ideal time to add sours to your beer vocabulary.
Also in the Coastal Edition:
- Sydney chef Alessandro Pavoni recalls his idyllic lakeside Italian childhood.
- Homestyle Mexican recipes from chef Edson Diaz-Fuentes.
- Recipes from chef Christine Manfield that celebrate the flavours of Indian cuisine.
- Eatable cheese columnist Penny Lawson talks halloumi.
- Matt Swieboda looks at an exciting new generation of Spanish wines.
- Writer Freya Herring explores the colour and wonder of Mauritius.
- We visit Ca’s Patro March, perched at the side of the rocky Cala Deià in Mallorca’s Tramuntana mountain.
- The best new hotel openings around Australia, from coastal vibes to innercity buzz.
- Australian chef Monty Koludrovic shares his hotspots in L.A.
116 pages of ad-free editorial created by two food and design creatives out of love for what they do. Printed on quality, premium 115gsm paper stock by our friends in Melbourne.